Thursday 10 February 2011

Ironman Matt!


APETHORPE’S very own Matt Snow is aiming to become Ironman Matt when he competes in the UK leg of the Ironman series in July.
The event on July 31 will see Matt complete a range of incredible human feats in just 17 hours, and Matt is asking Apethorpe residents to support him.
Matt, who recently celebrated his 40th birthday will compete in the event to raise money for Scope.
Matt said: “The event involves a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, and 26.2 mile run.... all within a maximum of 17 hours.... yes I have now truly started my mid life crisis!”
He added: Anyway to add further pressure to my training schedule I have also agreed to raise money for Scope, who support children and adults with cerebral palsy - the most commonly diagnosed physical condition in the UK.
I have a just giving page http://www.justgiving.com/Matt-Snow
It would be really appreciated if you would consider sponsoring me for this worthwhile cause. Thanks in anticipation.”
From all at Apethorpe Village news we wish Mr Snow good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment